Effective April 2022
A. Information You Provide
While using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including when you visit our website, use the Services, access our content, register an account, enroll in our mailing lists, view or purchase services, contact support, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Services. The categories of information we collect include the following:
· Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
· Credentials, including username and password, and similar security information for account authentication and administration.
· Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as when you fill out the “Contact Us” form or send questions to support).
· Contests/Promotions, including information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events.
· Employment and Education Data, including your employment and education history, resume, cover letter, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider you for job openings.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Services that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Services. We also use service providers and business partners to collect this information. The categories of information we automatically collect include the following:
- Service Use Data, including data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’sr egional and language settings, and other similar information. This data includes your IP address, MAC address and other device identifiers.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and precise location data (such as latitude/longitude).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Services.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our Services and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience and supporting security features. Additionally, some persistent cookies allow us to reach you with advertising on and off the Services. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- Heat mapping technologies, which is tracking technology used to create visual heat maps of user behavior on our Services (such as highlighting what parts of our Services you viewed and did not view and for how long).
- Location-identifying Technologies, which include GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, Bluetooth, beacons, and other location-aware technologies that can locate you (sometimes precisely) for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location. You may limit access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your device. If you grant us permission, we may collect location information when the app is running in the foreground or background.
- In-App Tracking Methods, which include a variety of tracking technologies that may be used in our App. These tracking technologies are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifiers or other identifiers such as mobile Ad IDs to associate App user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps. Our apps may also include Software Development Kits or “SDKs,” code that sends information about your use to a server. These SDKs allow us to provide the Services within the App.
Some information about your use of the Services and other sites and apps may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services. This information may be used by us and others for purposes such as to associate the different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on and off the Services.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
C. Information from Other Sources
The categories of sources from which we collect information include:
- Data brokers from which we or our vendors purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks with which you interact, such asw hen you reference VIIZR or our Services, or grant VIIZR permission to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or products, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources, including data in the public domain and data available in open government databases.
D. Information from our Customers
For further information on your rights and choices regarding Customer Data, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Use of Information
- Operating and managing our Services;
- Performing services requested by you or a relevant customer, such as facilitating your transactions, processing your applications, responding to your comments, questions, and requests, and providing customer service;
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, ands upport and administrative messages;
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities;
- Conducting research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improving the Services and other VIIZR websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Developing and sending personalized content, newsletters, advertisements, direct marketing and promotional communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services;
- Fulfilling any other purpose at your direction;
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Sharing of Information
- Service Providers. We share information with service providers that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. We contractually prohibit our service providers from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purpose other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics and advertising related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service providers or for their own direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in the additional disclosures below).
- Customer. We share information with our customers in connection with the services we provide to them. For example, we share your information with our customers when you use the Services to facilitate your job order or a customer’s job order, respond to your questions, comply with our customers’ and your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with the law. Our customers are independent entities, and their processing of information is subject to our agreements with them and their own privacy policies.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our services, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. We offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by separate entities that may require submitting information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services, or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Our Services include links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. In addition, we integrate tracking technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Services.
Some examples include:
- Offering our content through social media.
- “Liking” or “sharing” our content over social media or registering or logging-in to the Services through your social media or email account.
Analytics and Advertising
We use analytics services, such as Amplitude, to help us understand how users access and use the Services. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our Services as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also use audience matching services (which is a type of Interest-Based Advertising) to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Site or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us providing a list of hashed email addresses to an ad partner or incorporating a pixel from an ad partner into our own Site, and the ad partner matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we may incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Site and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences. Some technology services may provide us with their own data, which is then uploaded into another technology service for matching common factors between those data sets.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Services and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads please see the “Information We Collect” section above and the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Your Rights and Choices
A. Account Information
You can visit the account section of the Services to access, remove, or update certain account information we have on file about you and that you have provided through the Services. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com to request that it be updated or removed. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that if you ask us to remove information, we will remove it from consumer-facing parts of the Services but may continue to store and use the information for internal analytics purposes or as otherwise permitted under applicable law. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or data retention policies, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Services may not function correctly.
C. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/, or downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads often give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of Matched Ads. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt out.
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out optionsor programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
D. Promotional Communications
- Emails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions asprovided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
- Text messages and phone calls. For text message communications and calls to your phone number, you may opt-out at any time by (i) for text messaging, texting “STOP” to the appropriate shortcode available from our confirmation text message or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
- Push notifications. For push notifications or in-app messages, you may adjust the permissions in your mobile device or uninstall our app.
The Services are intended for a general audience and not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children (as those terms are defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA.
We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or modification. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you collected through the Services.
Telephone Number: (800) 619-0585
Mailing Address: 1 American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise these rights unless certain exceptions apply.
Our Services are intended to provide information and services to customers and potential customers. You represent and warrant that your use of the Services is on behalf of a customer or potential customer. You understand and agree that the information collected about you is solely within the context of (i) your role as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor (“business representative”) or (ii) VIIZR conducting due diligence regarding or providing or receiving a product or service to or from youremployer.
A. Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, postal address, email address, phone number, and online identifiers (such as IP address and device identifiers).
- Commercial ortransactions information, including records of products and services purchased, obtained, or considered, and your engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and your interactions with our websites, emails, applications, and advertisements.
- Geolocation data.
- Employment andeducation information, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted interests, characteristics and preferences.
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “Information We Collect” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “Use of Information” section above, including to manage our Services.
B. Right to Opt-Out
As mentioned above, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information or emailing us at email@example.com with the words “California Right to Opt-Out” in the subject line.
C. Authorized Agent.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
D. Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
E. Shine the Light.
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in the “Contact Us” section above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.